Planner Organization | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Planner Organization

Friday, March 13, 2015

Planner Organization

I have an addiction to planners, particularly cute and functional ones. I use mine so often that I cannot see how someone can function properly without one. In this post I will share with you how I use my planner as well as my color-coding scheme that I keep mentioning.

This is the fifth post in my College Series.

I got my planner as a birthday present last year from here. I have been using the same one for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it. So here is a sneak peak of the inside (which is just as cute as the outside).
 As you can see I have put my color-coding to work. This semester I have decided to try out Organized Charm's Daily Prioritized Study List, so far it is working out all right, but it does leave me with very little space to write other things in definitely when College assignments start to roll in together.

I also added to her system to make a full-blown color-coding system for my planner. This includes colors for work/appointments, social, general College stuff, Events and Holidays and a Other category. I also use this same system on my wall calendar which I shared the printable for here.

 I like to write all the important dates in my planner first, this means that I always know what is coming up and combined with my color-coding it makes it easy to see what I have to get done that week as well.
 I love the illustrations in this planner as well as the extra pages at the back to record restaurants, movies, books, expenses and contacts makes for a well-rounded and functional planner. I also love how it comes with a little notebook, perfect for writing lists (my favorite thing to do ever..)

What planner do you use? How do you organize it? Do you wish you could find one perfect for College students too?

1 comment: