Friday Procrastibaking - 3rd April | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Friday Procrastibaking - 3rd April

Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Procrastibaking - 3rd April

Happy Easter everyone! I am the first to admit that when I have a lot of things that I need to get done I tend to not do it. Instead I prefer to clean, organize and bake. So I decided to start this new feature of what I like to call "Procrastibaking". What is it you ask, well, it is simple it is just how I describe how I bake while procrastinating.

Because I have no lectures on Fridays I tend to think that I have three days to get this stuff done, I will make a cake/ some cupcakes/ a pie/ whatever I see on pinterest that looks really really good.

So this weekly feature will show the things that I made, which will not always be my own recipes but I feel are really great that I should share them and you should try them.

Anyways, this week I made cupcakes, cute little cupcakes with pink icing and sprinkles or 100s and 1000s as I call them (must have been feeling really girly this week), so here are the pictures (sorry were taken with my phone...):

 These cupcakes were absolutely perfect, super fluffy and the icing was so good (like lick the bowl good). I got inspiration from a photo on Pinterest which linked to here. And I also think that I fell in love with everything on this blog.

 I made my standard vanilla cupcake and butter-cream recipe. I iced the cupcakes with a number 30 Tala icing tip.

So here is the recipe:


Vanilla Cupcakes With Butter-cream Icing: Print

 

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
  • 2/3 Cup Sugar
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 Cup Milk

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F and line 12 muffin cups with cases
  2. In the bowl of your mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
  3. In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
  4. With the mixer on low, add a cup of the flour mixture and mix until combined, then the milk until combined, followed by the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until well combined and when the mixture has a mousse like texture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
  5. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 17-20 minutes or until just set and a toothpick inserted into them comes out clean. Remove from oven, and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Then place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled ice with buttercream.

Buttercream:


Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Tablespoons Milk
  • pink food colouring

Method:

  1. In an electric mixer beat together the butter for 2-3 minutes until soft and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat on medium until well combined.
  2.  Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the vanilla and milk. Beat for 3 minutes until everything is nice and creamy, but stiff enough to pipe.
  3. Add the food colouring and mix until well dispersed.

No comments:

Post a Comment